MAKE US AN OFFER ON THIS ITEM
The Sony C-38B is an all-purpose, large diaphragm microphone with a proven track record of reliability in broadcast production, music recording studios, or wherever circumstances demand a combination of powerful performance, versatile operation and simplicity of microphone set up. Ideal for vocal and instrument recording, this microphone is particularly adept at handling loud instruments such as percussion and wind instruments.
The condenser element of the C-38B microphone provides dual switchable, omnidirectional and unidirectional (cardioid) polar patterns, providing control over the pick up angle for flexibility in any recording scenario. A low cut filter switch helps eliminate low frequency noise, and an 8 dB pad switch maximizes gain and reduces distortion noise. With its established performance record, the C-38B microphone continues to be the reliable, affordable choice of recording engineers around the world.
- Switchable Polar Patterns : the C-38B microphone features switchable omni-directional and uni-directional polar patterns for maximum flexibility and control over pick up angle
- Function Select Switch: just below the directivity switch, a function select switch allows quick adjustment of the C-38B microphone through 5 positions: OFF, M (full range response); M1 (slight low frequency attenuation); V1 (low frequency attenuation); V2 (severe low frequency attenuation)
- Broad Dynamic Range: an improved amplifier gives the C-38B a dynamic range of greater than 116 dB, with flat frequency response and sharp directional characteristics in both uni-directional and omni-directional modes
- Phantom Power System: in addition to internal battery power, the C-38B microphone is compatible for use with standardized 48V phantom powering
- Low-Cut Filter: the C-38B's low-cut filter switch helps eliminate low-frequency noise and proximity effect
- Pad Switch: -8 dB pad switch on the C-38B microphone provides added headroom and minimizes distortion caused by transient peaks
- FET Output Stage: FET output stage of the C-38B microphone delivers high signal gain and low noise floor for superb sound quality
- Vibration Resistant Construction: Designed for peak performance, the C-38B microphone's classic, vibration resistant construction provides excellent shielding against external magnetic fields and helps prevent distortion
WE SHIP ALL ITEMS BOMBPROOF!
Contact us about this item
Terms & Conditions
NOTE: Checkout currency is in USD.
NOTE: When customers are located in Iceland the VAT is added in cart. Iceland is not in the EU and therefore this only applies to buyers from Iceland.